This winter has been super intense for me, personally. But, I always find a bit of happiness is all the goodies, I secretly purchase and wait to arrive at my doorstep. I think I might have a problem, haha!! My favourites this year are mostly beauty related, drugstore and high end and a few other bits and bobs I received around Christmas time and fell in love with. I am super excited to share them with you:
Here are the all my favourites! I am just going to list the products and explain a bit about them and any thoughts I have:
First it’s palette time, this took me so long to decide on my favourite palettes this winter as I pretty much use all of the ones I own on a regular basis! But I finally chose 6 packs of goodies:
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour palette: I only got this two days ago but I’ve already fallen head over heels in love with the creamy powder contour shades in this amazing palette, it’s heaven I swear!
- Benefit Defined and Refined Brow kit: This is so good for someone who wants really defined brows that aren’t too extreme! This makes it so easy to do my brows quickly in the morning!
- Obviously my Z palette is a major favourite and if you want to see more about that palette I have a whole blog post on it.
- Then it’s my MAC Nutcracker Lipglass collection, it’s full of pink glosses which are so beautiful! They last so long as well. It includes 3 creme sheen glasses and 1 dazzle glass!
- Sleek Rockstar Collection: this has 4 baked eyeshadows and 2 cream eyeshadows, I love these shades and will be definitely using this palette a lot more.
- Revolution Cream Colour Correcting palette: This shades are so blendable and make my skin look flawless. I use it underneath my foundation, love this palette!
Some other makeup bits and bobs I fell in love with are:
- Revlon Colourstay Foundation in Shade ‘Buff’: I really love wearing this foundation, ever since Topshop discontinued their foundation which was water based. I’ve been looking for a new lighter coverage foundation and I really like this one, it’s stays for ages on the skin and it’s build able too just for those days when I want a little bit of extra help. The only thing I don’t like is the packaging, I find it really hard to open but other than that it’s great!
- Sleek Barekissed Illuminator in the Shade ‘Monaco’: personally, I love glowy looking skin rather than matte, I just think it suits me a bit more. So, when it got this for Christmas, I was so excited because you can mix it into your foundation and it makes your skin look so bouncy and young! Ps. This does not at all make your face shiny, in case you were worried about looking like you did the full face highlighter challenge!!!
- NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Shade ‘Très Leches’: all I can say is that this is all I have been wearing on my lips for about 3 months now. This shade is perfection and the formula of these glosses are sooo good!
- Models Own Eyeshadow base Primer in the matte shade: This is one of the first primers I’ve used that doesn’t make my lids sticky or crease (and I have hooded eyes so that’s impressive) and.. surprise surprise I adore this Primer!!
- Collection pressed Powder in ‘Candlelight’: been using this powder for about 5 months now to bake because when you touch it, it turns into a loose powder which is pretty brilliant in itself. This formula is so good, my skin looks amazing when I use this.
- Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara: I’ve only been using this recently but it’s so good at separating your lashes which is what I’m always looking for in a Mascara because I think it makes your lashes look super fluffy and angelic which is a look I love!
- The two brushes are both by Real Techniques, one is the Stippling brush and the other is the blusher brush. There is nothing bad to say about Real Techniques, their brushes are of outstanding quality!
So those are all my favourites of not only Winter but of 2016! Ahhh, can’t believe it’s already 2017, anyway hope you are all feeling amazing and had a great weekend!
For an extra bit, I just decorated my room and I am feeling the top of my new chest of drawers:
So super cute and I love the baby pink! Let me know if you want a room tour, would love to do one..
I love to talk to you guys, so feel free to comment any questions below!