Now, before we start, by doing this post I am not saying by any means that I am a super successful blogger, but I have got a lot of requests to explain how I got 250+ followers and 1.5k+ views in a month.
During this month I was off school, it was the Easter holiday so I wasn’t really busy and was able to produce a lot more content more regularly and I definitely think this had something to do with it. But, I do have a few other tips for people who feel their blog needs a bit of help:
- Be super active on your reader!
So to do this, I search tags that relate to things I talk about, for example ‘beauty’ or ‘makeup’ and then I go through the posts and read, comment, like and follow!
Then, they will hopefully return the favour, this also means you can meet some lovely blogging people! I go on this spree every night and sometimes during the day! It only takes about 15 mins of your day and will increase the traffic around your blog quickly. Make sure to interact with comments and likers, make sure to reply and say thank you, and generally be kind!!
If you are reading this post on your computer and do not have the WordPress app on your phone, grab your phone and download it now. It helped my blog so much, because when I am bored, I go onto my reader and read people’s blog posts, comment and like… it just gets you out there!!
- When you are posting?
Make sure for each post you do, you think about when you are posting them (usually weekends around 1pm, is the best time for me personally). But, you can check your ‘stats’ and then click ‘insights’, to see what day and time you get most views!
How many tags you are using is super important, it is a really easy tool to get your post out there so don’t waste it.
I use about 20 tags on each post, and there is actually a part of the stats where you can look at which tags people use to find your page, so, use that to your advantage.
ps. keep active right after posting a post so when people look at your blog, they will check out your most recent one!
- The look of your blog is important!
Think about what your blog looks like. When you look on your webpage have a think about what a person who has just seen it for the first time would think! Pictures are very important! I use my iPhone 7 for photos and I make sure I edit the ‘Featured Image’ as that is the one that is going to grab readers attention!
- If you are a newbie blogger..
There are two things you need to know:
- You don’t have to have a specific time you post every week, (what I mean by this is don’t just post on Saturdays at 1pm). Famous bloggers do it because they have enough readers who wait for the posts to be up. I am not trying to be rude because I did that exact thing. You want to get content out as frequently as possible when you are brand new, but still make sure it is decent and not just a picture of your favourite shoes… you know what I mean.
- Don’t apologise on every post for not posting anything for a month. I literally did this every single time I released something, (seriously if you look back into my older stuff… it is every. single. time.). It just gets annoying to read and it is more than likely that the person reading it, hasn’t seen any other of your posts so doesn’t know when you last posted.
- Be yourself
This may be the post cheesiest one but it is really, REALLY important. As a regular readers of blogs all shapes and sizes, I can say that my favourites are by bloggers who when I read the words, I feel like I can hear them talking and saying it. A great example of this is ‘My Life Online‘, she is one of my favourite bloggers, because she sounds really real, if that makes sense! It just feels like you are chatting with one of your friends when you read her posts and that is a really special connection to have with your readers! So, if you don’t know what I mean check her out (ps. If you see this, I love you girl!!)
Okay, so that is it for all the tips! I hope you enjoyed it and it was helpful and those who requested this got a chance to read!! Feel free to leave any comments with any questions..
Love you all and we are super close to 600!! Eek..
See you soon,